I am using the SDK to get emotions from several images in a row and noticed that sometimes there’s no face found (I checked there definitely is a face and image quality is not bad). Has anybody an idea what reasons this could have?
There are a variety of things that can affect whether the SDK detects a face, for example:
- the orientation of the face (pitch/yaw/roll). If the face is looking away from the camera too much, then it makes it more difficult for the SDK to recognize it as a face
- the lighting (too bright or dark)
- the size of the face in the frame (too small or large)
- things that obscure parts of the face
- insufficient contrast of the face with respect to the background
Admittedly, though, sometimes it’s difficult to tell in a given instance what the problem is.
Hope this helps.
It may be the lighting or contrast…
Closing this issue since it has come to a resolution.