Problem with libtensorflow "The TensorFlow library was compiled to use SSE4.2 instructions"

Hey guys,
I “installed” the affectiva-sdk and compiled the cpp-samples. When I try to run either the ‘opencv-webcam-demo’ or ‘video-demo’ I get following error:
F /opt/jenkins/workspace/tensorflow-ubuntu/src/tensorflow/core/platform/cpu_feature_guard.cc:35] The TensorFlow library was compiled to use SSE4.2 instructions, but these aren't available on your machine. Aborted (core dumped)

I tried removing the ‘libtensorflow.so’ from the sdk\lib folder and use the official pre-compiled tensorflow library. With that I get following error:
/usr/local/lib/libtensorflow.so: version 'tensorflow' not found (required by /home/jethro/affdex-sdk/lib/libaffdex-native.so

Can anybody help me with this error? I’m running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on a MacBookPro with Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 64bit.

@dale_jeeves thanks for pointing this. Can you update me on the manufacturing year for your MBP? Also, can you try to run this commands and paste in the output?

$sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu.features

$sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu.leaf7_features