Need more detailed instruction to build the Affectiva/cpp-sdk-samples

I am struggle to build this example, really need more detailed instruction or additional help, thanks.

Hi David,

Is there an error you get? What platform are you building on, which version of the SDK, and which branch of the repository are you working with?

After install the emotion SDK, I try to download the latest release of the sample (C++), and build it with VS 2017 community edition.

And here it is what I got, I believe it is the some thought of library link issue, but after struggle for couple of hours, still no solution for it. If you can give me a more detailed instruction of how to set up and run it from VS (2015 or 2017 is preferred), I can try to start from fresh.

Here it is the error message when build “video-demo”.
(totally 20 errors, I just post first couple of the errors)

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol “void __cdecl cv::imshow(class cv::String const &,class cv::_InputArray const &)” (?imshow@cv@String@1 InputArray@1@@Z) video-demo D:\ai\affectiva\cpp-sdk-samples-emotion-sdk\video-demo\Visualizer.obj 1

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error LNK2001 unresolved external symbol "void cdecl cv::putText(class cv::InputOutputArray const &,class cv::String const &,class cv::Point,int,double,class cv::Scalar,int,int,bool)" (?putText@
cv @ InputOutputArray @1 String@1@ V?$Point@ H@ 1 $Scalar
@ N @ 1@ HH_N@ Z) video-demo D:\ai\affectiva\cpp-sdk-samples-emotion-sdk\video-demo\Visualizer.obj 1
Thanks.

Hi David,

It looks like your project can’t find the opencv library required by the project. You might already have a different version installed than we require, but you need to take a look at the nuget package manager for the solution and install opencv 2.4.8 from there. The one I use is by “Itseez”. Just make sure you install 2.4.8 and not the newest.

Cheers,
Nick